“Thoughts become reality, make sure yours are good ones.”
The Enterprise Centre is a registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee and also operates as Naturally Enterprising from our now purpose built outdoor education centre which is situated in the heart of The Kirklees Valley Trail. Naturally Enterprising is an initiative that combines enterprise training and personal development with the natural environment.
Our purpose is to build capacity and develop confidence for those in need and we do this by encouraging individuals to access the many benefits of nature whilst contributing to the development of local community green spaces.
We host innovative, creative enterprising projects using a combination of the great outdoors, nature and conservation, enterprise skills, equine therapy, health and well-being coaching, teamwork and confidence building to help young people develop their self esteem and aspire to great things for themselves and their communities. Using a range of small grants last year we helped in excess of 200 individuals of various ages, many of whom are suffering from a range of issues which can be detrimental to their well being.
All activity takes place at our new safe, purpose built Lodge which now has a 15 metre training room/ workshop, 4 stables to house our equine therapy ponies and a small office for private coaching and one to one mentoring. All of this has been built on small grants and many volunteer hours. The site is situated in the heart of The Kirklees Valley trail and so offers a further 20 acres of woodland for delivery of our earth education and environmental programmes.
Our delivery styles are action-focused, user-led and include a range of exciting techniques including creative media, equine therapy and outdoor learning activities. In support of our training workshops we can deliver coaching and mentoring through one to one and virtual means using Video CON, MSN, Skype and other technology.
- Secured support from the Asda foundation and set up a community café at The Naturally Enterprising Centre.
- Secured National Lottery Support to help complete the facilities at The Naturally Enterprising Centre.
- Hosted a EU project visit with 6 European partner states in attendance and many local social entrepreneur ambassadors.
- Hosted an open day with 200 visitors and senior council officials.
- Secured a European contract with 6 European partner states developing an online social business support model.
- Secured a 25-year lease, broke ground and began building The Naturally Enterprising Centre.
- Re-positioned and re-built the Naturally Enterprising project with National Lottery funds.
- Created the Naturally Enterprising project, combining the benefits of nature and enterprise.
- Established as a registered Charity.
- Hosted the Manchester Achievers conference in Oldham.
- Delivered the Enterprise highway model in 10 schools in Oldham.
- Re-constituted as The Enterprise Centre limited CLG.
- Developed the enterprise highway model under contract with Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council and delivered enterprise education to 3 schools in Oldham.
- Moved to Oldham to manage the New Start contract, which created 25 new enterprises.
- Entered a partnership with City College Manchester.
- Delivered business support on behalf of Manchester Enterprises and developed MSEF into Together Works.
- Co-developed the Manchester Social Enterprise Forum (MSEF) with MERCi.
- Entered into partnership with Community Action Network and developed The Enterprise Centre project, which was the first Social Enterprise incubation centre in Manchester.
We support entrepreneurs and anyone wishing to start a social enterprise and/ or micro business. We can provide Nationally Accredited courses tailored to your needs to develop the management and leadership skills required to achieve success.
We do this by:
1.Planning your start-up
2.Managing your growth
3.Mentoring and business coaching
Our services to the local community are all focused on working towards development, integration and cohesion and we have a proud record of successful previous projects.
These include providing incubation services and capacity building programme for new and existing entrepreneurs. The Outreach Project and The Capacity Building Projects were commissioned by the Local Authority to develop a range of new skills within diverse ‘at risk’ and ‘hard to reach’ groups.
Finally, the design of a Skills Ladder that included motivational and aspiration raising approaches to learning for young people from areas with low skills and high unemployment.
We deliver strategic business and action planning for public, private or third sector organisations to help them achieve sustainability and growth. Our services for SMEs will help them improve competitiveness and impact on the bottom line. Examples include Full Business Appraisal; Project Management; Board/Director training; Staff/Volunteer training; Marketing planning and Strategic Planning.
We help you to find international project partners through our extensive networks, and then help develop projects and build applications for funding supported by Erasmus Plus, EU Structural Funding and other sources of European and international funding.
We were one of the first support organisations in the UK to offer creative and intensive support to schools seeking to integrate and embed enterprise solutions into the curriculum.
We achieved this by working with schools and the awarding bodies to design new qualifications to assist staff and engage students in a simplified process so they may gain maximum achievements.
The Enterprise Centre is now based at The Naturally Enterprising Centre on the Kirklees Trail in Tottington. We work to deliver training and volunteering opportunities to support young people into employment, vocational training and economic empowerment. We also run a wide range of environmental projects that maintain and enhance the local habitats and ecosystems and run Earth Education activities.